This is an interesting example of a farm house and its farm buildings dating from the early decades of the nineteenth century. The stone farm buildings were constructed in c. 1911 and are located to the rear of the house creating a mid-sized sable yard.
At 30.2m by 5.8m wide the subject farm building is linear with a turned bay slightly west of center facing toward the courtyard. This central bay has a central brick arch and timber sliding double doors on runners. The roof is comprised of machined timbers, grey format bangor slates with clay whichappear ridge slates and 3 heritage type steel rooflights.
In order to maintain the character and integrity of the built heritage, best conservation practice was followed. Re-pairs to this protected outbuilding were limited to defective elements only. The retention, repair and reuse of all existing fabrics was carried out along with minimum intervention.
This project was funded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine under the Rural Development Programme. The Heritage Council manages the scheme on behalf of the Department, for applicants who participate in the Green Low-Carbon Agri-Environment Scheme (GLAS).